My samples went into an exhibition on the 17th January in Sweden to show the kind of work that we were producing at the school. I have to apologise for the image quality but I was unable to attend to take them myself.
These two samples were created by Heat Transfer, or Sublimation. I started with an image of Lichen and put it though photoshop to create a more distorted design. I printed it out onto special Heat Transfer paper and then put it through the heat press onto a shiny polyester fabric.
After our screen printing workshops, I re-worked some of my prints with machine embroidery to give it more depth and add something to the print.
I'm really happy with the level of experimentation I was able to use in my samples. It has provided me with a good grasp of different techniques, which I can continue to experiment with, and use in my future work.

No comments:
Post a Comment